The Stormwater Technician performs a range of technical tasks related to the development and implementation of the County’s Stormwater program.
This position assists with the implementation of the County’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit, conducts inspections and other field work related to the County’s stormwater management program and stormwater drainage system, and provides additional technical support to the Planning and Stormwater Department as required.
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
Experience: At least one year of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in environmental permitting, stormwater drainage and stormwater management, and/or facility construction is required. For candidates with no work experience, two years of education may be substituted for one year of experience.
Skills: Working knowledge in some or all of the following areas:
- Federal, state, and municipal stormwater regulations;
- Data management skills;
- Technical writing skills
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively, both orally and in writing
- Stormwater drainage construction methods, materials, and specifications;
- Conventional and innovative stormwater management principles, and practices.
- General knowledge of construction principles, practices, and techniques
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to successfully utilize a desktop/laptop computer.
- GIS principles, practices, and techniques;
- Possession of a valid appropriate driver's license issued by the State of Tennessee.
- Ability to obtain possession of Level 1 Tennessee Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Training Certification
Interested applicants should send their resumes and three professional references to Josh Suddath, Director of Planning and Stormwater, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sumner County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer