The Sumner County Information Technology (IT) Department provides stable technology systems to address the needs of various County departments, so they can in turn provide Sumner County residents with vital services. The primary functions of the Department are defined below:
- To enhance productivity to County Departments
- To provide technical support services to County departments
- To provide leadership and technical solutions to business needs and functions
- To provide leadership in purchasing hardware and software to maximize value
- To enhance communications, collaboration, and the flow of information
- To provide the public access to County services and information in an efficient manner
- To manage and optimize software licensing programs
- To manage technology vendor relationships and contracts
- To develop and implement beneficial information technology policies and procedures
- To provide access to new technology
- To provide efficient storage of data
- To provide a high level of cyber security and privacy
- To provide disaster recovery, business continuity and data back-up services
- To provide highly available systems
Our Core Values drive and guide us as we serve the County. As members of ITD, we are committed to:
- Collaboration: We are dedicated to a constructive, team-oriented environment, gathering varied perspectives, sharing knowledge, and building effective partnerships.
- Continuous Improvement: We strive for operational excellence through the on-going development of the staff and the organization as a whole.
- Innovation: We encourage creative and critical thinking in the development of technology services and solutions.
- People: We listen to, respect, and care for employees, community, and one another, both professionally and personally.
- Service: We strive to provide excellent service by being consistent, agile, reliable, and accessible to all.
- Transparency: We leverage open communications and thoughtful business processes to be accountable in our interactions and our work.