The Sumner County Trustee’s Office continually strives to find and offer new services to benefit our taxpayers. We hope that you find these services helpful.
Property Tax Payments
- Online - tnpayments.com (Visa, Mastercard, E-check)
- By mail - please include top portion of Tax notice
- In person - Room 107 (Trustee Office)
- Telephone - Visa or Mastercard
- Local banks - listed on back of Tax notice
* Processing fees apply to all card and E-check payments. Cards are 2.65% plus $1 fee. E-checks are 1.75% plus $1 fee. Fees are charged by the processing company, not the Trustee.
* Up to five partial payments may be made toward property taxes. Any unpaid portion will be subject to interest beginning on March 1st.
* Verification of paid taxes can be found under online payment link.
Tax Relief/Tax Freeze Programs
- Tax Freeze applications for the year 2020 will be taken beginning September 2020
- Tax Relief applications will be accepted when Tax bills are mailed out
- Please contact our office for list of required documentation and qualifications
- Annual requalification required
* Tax Relief/Tax Freeze - Elderly (65 or older) INCOME BASED
* Tax Relief - Disabled homeowner INCOME BASED
* Tax Relief - Total and permanent Disabled Veterans and Widow/Widower of - Not income based
Trustee Job Description
The Trustee generally acts as treasurer or banker for the county and serves three primary functions: (1) collecting all county property taxes (all property, real and personal, tangible and intangible, must be assessed for taxation by the state or its political subdivisions unless property is declared to be exempt by some provision of Tennessee law); (2) keeping a fair regular account of all money received; and (3) investing temporarily idle county funds.
The Trustee administers a State funded Tax Relief Program to help the elderly, disabled, and disabled veterans (or surviving spouse of a disabled veteran or veteran whose death resulted from a service-connected cause) pay their property taxes. In addition, the Trustee administers a Tax Freeze Program for the County and a portion of Sumner County cities. Applications must be completed no later than 35 days after the February tax payment deadline. FAQ: www.comptroller.tn.gov/pa/patxr.asp
Office Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM Monday – Friday